Music is a powerful thing. It inspires you, lifts your spirits, gets you moving, and gives you strength to keep going forward on the hardest days.
NICU parents face a lot of ups and downs during their NICU journey, and the right song can help them face the challenges and soak up the sweet moments.
The ultimate NICU playlist should have songs for every mood. You need joyful, get-up-and-dance songs to celebrate your baby’s milestones and awesome accomplishments. Sweet songs to croon softly to your little one when you’re holding them close. And fight songs to carry you through the tough times and get you pumped up for brighter days ahead.
Every Tiny Thing combed through hundreds of NICU-inspired playlists, and we asked you to share your favorite songs. And with all this we’ve compiled a great starter playlist of 25 songs for any NICU parent.
Start here, add more of your favorites, and then let the music play!
- How Long Will I Love You - Ellie Goulding
- Fight Song - Rachel Platten
- As - Stevie Wonder
- Blackbird - Beatles
- I’m Yours - Jason Mraz
- In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride
- You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker
- Rescue - Lauren Daigle
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye and Tami Terrell
- Your Song - Elton John
- Lullaby - Shawn Mullins
- You Are the Best Thing - Ray LaMontagne
- Samurai Cop (Oh Joy Begin) - Dave Matthews Band
- Forever Young - Bob Dylan
- Just Breathe - Pearl Jam
- To Zion - Lauryn Hill
- You’ll be in My Heart - Phil Collins
- Rainbow - Kacey Musgraves
- Carry On - Fun
- Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
- Smile - Nat King Cole
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me - Randy Newman
- Hallelujah - Pentatonix
- What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
You can find this playlist ready to go here: The Ultimate NICU Playlist
Keep the playlist going! We’d love to hear you and your baby’s top tunes. Follow us on Instagram where we often talk about the ways to make the NICU better, and then share your favorite songs with us and the whole community!